Each CS Fair has its own schedule. Once your city's CS Fair is scheduled, you will be able to find detailed information on your event's workshop schedule at https://www.srnd.org/schools/csfair
In general, our workshops focus on the following:
- Cyber Security
- Video Game Development
- Electronics (presented in partnership with DigiKey)
- 3D Printing/Laser Cutting
- Android/iOS Mobile App Development
- Machine Learning
- Computer Networking
Workshops are designed to spark further interest.
CS Fair workshops are designed to offer students a hands-on sample of real-world technologies which may be exciting to them. For example, electronics workshops have students build a basic circuit on a breadboard, cyber security workshops walk through examples of real-life security problems in software, and in 3D printing workshops, students leave with a 3D printed object.
At the end of each workshop, students will be able to:
- describe how each technology relates to their own life
- identify at least one technology they're excited to pursue further
- take the next steps to start learning about that technology
What if I have an idea for a custom workshop?
We are actively soliciting interesting workshops which promote the above educational outcomes. If you, a contact, or one of your students is interested in leading a workshop, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than one week prior to the event date.